Microsoft Practice and Etiquette
Netiquette – Email Etiquette
Duration: 90 minutes
The Golden Standards
- Know The Golden Standards of Email Etiquette
Principles of Communication
- When to email
- Good communication principles
- Poor communication principles
Creating Effective Emails
- Checking your emails
- Perfect your email signature
- Outlook tips
Tone in Your E-mails
Do and Don’ts
- The ANNOYANCE-O-METER!
- Think about…
- Think before BCC and Forwarding
- Company email codes of practice (to be provided to us)
User Security Awareness
Duration: 60 minutes
NOVA –IT understands that improving employee security and data protection awareness is a high priority. We deliver online based security training sessions for all employees covering key topics.
Whilst an organisation can have the latest and greatest security technologies and controls, these can be undermined by a simple slip of the tongue, clicking on the wrong link or opening the wrong attachment.
Our approach to security awareness training is to break it down into easily digestible segments.
Our trainers are experienced at taking “non-techies” and individuals with no knowledge of IT or security through to a good general understanding. We deliver training in an informal and interactive way, with energy, and lots of useful content during 45-60 minute sessions, typically a maximum of 4 sessions in a day, based on groups of 10-15 people.
A key takeaway is that users are typically the ‘weak link’.
- Why is IT Security so important?
- What are the different types of attack?
- What can we do?
- Show recent and topical examples of cyber-crime that people would have heard of e.g NHS website, David Beckham emails
What are the different types of attack?
- Group exercise – match the image, type of attack and description together
- Discussion and example of each one
- Who is making these attacks and who is at risk?
What can we do?
- Tips on how to stay safe online including:
- Password guidance – including video on sharing passwords
- How to spot phishing emails and scams
- What to if you have been hacked
- Antivirus and mobile devices guidance
- Social Media, shopping on line etc.
- Excellent online reference tools and a Tips and Tricks handout to keep
- True or false quiz